Healthy salad recipes
Healthy salad recipes can make or break your progress on the way to healthier and leaner you. Most salads these days are so loaded with fat and food additives that they become detrimental to your health. Avoid them like a plaque. Here are healthy salad recipes that help digestion of large meals, hydrate your cells, and help your body to get rid of excess weight and toxins.
Healthy salad of the month
What is a healthy salad, anyway? Find an answer here.
Green salad recipes
- Spinach apple salad with sun-dried tomatoes and ...tofu
- Spinach salad with orange and raisins
- Easy pickled kale salad... how to pickle kale
- Raw kale salad (pickled kale)
- 4 colors pickled kale salad
Healthy pasta salad recipes
Try to use whole-wheat pasta for the best health benefits.
- Lima Bean Salad With Roasted Red Peppers
A simple healthy salad to impress the party
- Antipasto salad
Low-fat, anti-cancer, and anti-heart-disease salad :)
and carrot salad
Low-fat, healthy, colourful and easy to make salad.
Heart and brain friendly salad with a complete source of protein
- Quinoa tabouli
Another salad high in protein and antioxidants
salad recipe for hydration and energy
Delicious quinoa salad with asparagus, zuccini and tomatoes helps your body recover from daily stress
- Red cabbage
Learn how to make hardy red cabbage easier to eat with this super-healthy, great Russian red cabbage salad recipe.
How to triple Vitamin A and C in your coleslaw and make it even healthier? Read my detailed explanation and try this healthy coleslaw recipe.
black bean salad
It takes less than 5 minutes to make this authentic salad from Brasil posted by Barbara and David Larson. It will keep you full for more than 2 hours. Good deal, especially for those of you who need natural pre-workout meal, low fat and high in ptorein.
To create healthy salads, the rule of the thumb is to use only healthy ingredients:
- Making your own dressing will bring the most benefit since it will eliminate MSG, hydrogenated fats and artificial sweeteners from your salad. The easiest dressing is balsamic vinegar with olive oil, salt and pepper ( and orange juice if necessary). Check out my low carb easy healthy Tahini Salad Dressing;
- Reduce oil - too much oil, even the healthy type, is proven to contribute to heart disease. Besides, it makes your salad a really high calorie meal and works against your weight loss goals if you have any. Check out low fat diet salad dressings. For example, Dr. Ornish'es diet cookbooks contain low fat salad dressing recipes created by the best US chefs.
- Use organic ingredients - pesticides, GMO, and hormones are out. This is the toughest part for those of us who live on a budget. If you find it hard to purchase organic ingredients, there is another way to reduce intake of hormones, antibiotics and pesticides that people don't think about: Reducing your meat intake. Because meat of big animals accumulates much higher amounts of these harmful chemicals than plants, your best bet in pursuing more organic living is to eliminate meat or reduce it as much as possible.
- Use local ingredients or grow your own - ensure best nutritional value.
- Eliminate animal protein as well, especially in the form of bacon bits and chicken. It's in your best interest. If you eat meat, you will receive it from the other meals. Making your salad animal protein free is one important step in cancer prevention.
- Know healthy salad components! If you are in the weight loss mode, using potato, feta cheese or raisins in your salad is not the best choice. If you want to gain weight, use more oil, feta, pasta, and nuts.